Enroll in paperless billing today for the chance to receive $100. Let's get green together!
LCEC does not contract solar or installers. Beware of solar company reps stating they work for LCEC.
June 25, 2019 – When the outside temperature is 99+ degrees, it is tempting to crank down the AC and stay indoors. Remember that when cooling your home, every degree does count…or should we say cost! LCEC recommends setting your thermostat at 78 degrees Fahrenheit when home. Each degree below adds 8 to 12 percent to your cooling costs (which accounts for 50 to 60 percent of your electric bill during summer months). While away from your home for more than two hours, LCEC recommends setting the thermostat at 83 degrees Fahrenheit. If these recommendations send chills down your spine (and not cool, refreshing chills), consider the following tips to beat the heat without breaking the bank:
• Drink lots of water. Being hydrated helps you feel at your best.
• Dress wisely. Tank tops, shorts, flip flops. Tis the season to dress lightly!
• Battery powered fans. Power these puppies up to stay cool without affecting your energy usage.
• Take cool showers and baths. Cool water makes a world of difference when you are hot!
• Hit the pool. Jump in, cool off and burn some calories while beating the heat.
• Head for cool spots. Visit the mall, movie theater or museum for an outing in air conditioning that you are not paying for!
For more ways to save on your electric bill, visit lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.