Space heaters are a cost-effective way to keep warm when the temperatures drop here in southwest Florida. As useful as space heaters are, they are equally dangerous if used improperly. In fact, using a space heater improperly could result in a fire, or worst yet, death! Below are some safety tips to get all of the perks of a space heater while staying safe in the process:
• Only use space heaters with labels showing that they have been approved by a recognized testing laboratory.
• Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn (such as paper). Keep space heaters as far away as possible from kids, pets, and high-traffic areas.
• Only use space heaters for their intended purpose. Never use a space hater for things such as warming bedding or drying clothes.
• Always turn off, unplug and store space heaters when not in use.
• Plug space heaters directly into wall receptacles. Avoid using extension cords.
• Read manufacturer’s instructions and warning labels before using a space heater.
• Do not use a space heater if the cords are frayed, worn or damaged in any way. Inspect cords before each and every use.
When used properly, space heaters can provide just enough warmth to keep you from turning on the heat. Remember, heat costs anywhere from two to three times more than cooling! Using an alternative, like a space heater or electric blanket, will keep you warm without heating up your electric bill!
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.