September 1, 2020 – As much of the world has turned to remote work as a result of COVID-19, homes have now become offices. But just because you are spending more time at home doesn’t mean your electric usage has to skyrocket. One simple trick to keep your electric costs low while tackling your remote work is to power down your computer when you are not using it. If shutting down your pc is not an option, LCEC energy experts recommend that you put your computer in sleep mode whenever possible.
Below is the cost difference for keeping your desktop computer with an LCD screen on 24/7 for all 365 days in a year:
• Fully powered: approximately $89
• Sleep mode: approximately $20
Below are some additional ways to save when it comes to your computer:
• Power off monitor if you will be away from your computer for more than 20 minutes.
• Power off your computer and monitor if you will be away from your computer for more than two hours.
• Ditch your desktop for a laptop which uses substantially less electricity.
• Look for the Energy Star logo when purchasing electronics.
For more ways to keep energy costs low while sheltering and working from home, visit the Energy Efficiency tab on lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.