Keep electrical safety in mind this Halloween

North Fort Myers, FL, October 20, 2021 – Halloween is spooky as is, but add in electrical hazards and it can be downright frightening! As you prepare for Halloween, keep electrical safety in mind.

Inspect all decorations before use:
Damaged sockets, exposed wires and bad connections could cause electrical shock or even a fire! After inspection, use caution when plugging in your ghostly decorations. Be careful not to overload outlets. If you are using incandescent lights, do not connect more than three strands as this could potentially blow a fuse, or worse yet, cause a fire.

Use caution with cords:
Be sure to never pinch cords, hide them under furniture, place them near a heat source or secure them with nails or staples. Any of these could cause electric shock or a fire. Unplug all cords when not in use to stay safe while saving electricity.

For more tips on staying safe around electricity, visit Have a safe and spooktacular Halloween!