June 4, 2019 – When Mother Nature strikes, power outages can and do happen. If you or a loved one have special needs such as life support, now is the time to prepare for temporary power outages that may happen this storm season:
• Have a plan in place to ensure the continuity of any life-support needs. This may include making special arrangements to spend time with a friend or relative during an outage or using a back-up generator.
• If you use a back-up generator, please be responsible for the safe installation, use, and maintenance of any back-up power.
• Keep phone numbers of emergency response agencies, such as the hospital, fire department and police, in a convenient location, in the event emergency assistance is needed.
• Ensure that you have a back-up telephone if you use a cordless or other telephone that is dependent on electricity.
• Have a battery-powered radio on hand and a supply of fresh batteries to remain aware of news and other information.
• Keep a flashlight and extra batteries handy.
If preferred, those needing assistance can apply for special needs programs which provide shelter and transportation free of charge during Tropical Storms and/or Hurricanes. Applications can be found online according to what county you live in.
For more information on storm season safety, visit www.lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.