Power outages during storm season are inevitable. Although LCEC works 24/7, 365 days/year to provide reliable electric service, temporary outages can and do occur in inclement weather. While temporary power outages are inconvenient, they can prove extremely dangerous for those on life support devices who are not prepared.
LCEC reminds those on life support to:
• Have an alternate plan in place to ensure the continuity of any life-support needs. This may include making special arrangements to spend time with a friend or relative during an outage or using a back-up generator.
• Please be responsible for the safe installation, use, and maintenance of a back-up generator or any form of back-up power.
• Keep phone numbers of emergency response agencies, such as the hospital, fire department and police, in a convenient location, in the event emergency assistance is needed.
• Ensure that you have a back-up telephone if you use a cordless or other telephone that is dependent on electricity.
• Have a battery-powered radio on hand and a supply of fresh batteries to remain aware of news and other information.
• Keep a flashlight and extra batteries handy.
For more information on storm season safety, visit www.lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.