December 1, 2020 – This week will bring chilly temperatures to SWFL, but LCEC reminds customers to consider alternatives to avoid cranking on the heat. Why not turn on the heat? Heating costs anywhere from two to three times more than cooling! An alternative to warm your Florida blood is to use space heaters. They are a cost-effective way to stay warm, but can be dangerous (even deadly) if used improperly. Keep the following tips in mind if you use a space heater this winter:
• Read manufacturer’s instructions and warning labels before using a space heater.
• Only use space heaters with labels showing that they have been approved by a recognized testing laboratory.
• Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything that can burn (such as paper). Keep space heaters as far away as possible from kids, pets, and high-traffic areas.
• Only use space heaters for their intended purpose. Never use a space hater for things such as warming bedding or drying clothes.
• Always turn off, unplug and store space heaters when not in use.
• Plug space heaters directly into wall receptacles. Avoid using extension cords.
• Do not use a space heater if the cords are frayed, worn or damaged in any way. Inspect cords before each and every use.
Space heaters not your thing? Consider an electric blanket. Just like space heaters, electric blankets must be used with caution and in accordance with all the instructions listed in the manufacturer’s instructions. For more energy saving tips, visit lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.