Spring is here! Rather than focusing all your energy on spring cleaning, now is the perfect time to set your sights on energy savings. Here are a few tips to spring into energy savings:
Give your AC some TLC
• Servicing your air conditioner annually is essential to prolonging the life of your unit. Use Spring as the time each year when you call a professional to give your AC some TLC. Don’t forget to change your air filters regularly too!
Let in the fresh air
• On mild days, consider opening the windows to get a cross breeze in your home. Now is the time to enjoy the cool breeze before summer arrives.
Enjoy your ceiling fans
• Switch on your ceiling fans so that you can kick up your thermostat. Using ceiling fans to cool your home allows you to turn up your thermostat up to four degrees without losing that cool, comfortable feeling.
Fire up the grill
• Rather than heat up your home by using your oven to cook, head outside to grill! Who doesn’t love a cook-out?!
Check your windows
• Cover your windows with blinds, shades or tint to cool down your home and save on your energy usage.
Let the sunlight in
• Why use your indoor lights when it is sunny outside? Using the sun to light your home will help you save moola.
Program your thermostat
• Spring is the perfect time to invest in a programmable thermostat! By setting your thermostat to match your daily routine, you could save almost 10 percent on your electric usage.
Get your ducts in a row
• Check your ducts to ensure they are not leaking. Leaking ducts can sustainably increase your energy consumption. Seal and insult your ducts if need be or call in a professional to do the job for you! If you are unsure if your ducts are leaking, call LCEC at 239-656-2300 for a FREE energy survey.
Fan your bathroom
• Always use your bathroom fans. They eliminate heat and humidity which keep your home (and YOU) cool!
For more energy savings tips, visit lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.