You don’t have to be an energy expert to conserve electricity. In fact, saving energy is easy with the following tips:
• Plant a tree. Not only is this good for the environment, it can help shade your home and keep it cool! Just be sure to plant the right tree in the right place. Visit lcec.net for everything you need to know about tree planting and power lines.
• Keep the refrigerator shut. Be smart when getting things in and out of the fridge since you lose one-third of cold air each time that door opens.
• Use cold water for your clothes. Washing your clothes in hot water can be pricey depending on how many loads you do in a week and what time of day you do them. Consider washing your duds in cold water to cut down on energy usage.
• Shut if off. Always turn off lights, ceiling fans, televisions or anything that uses electricity when you are not using it.
• Change out incandescent for compact fluorescent. When your old light bulbs burn out, take the opportunity to use a compact fluorescent bulb (CFL). These light bulbs use 75 percent less energy and can last up to 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb!
These are just a few of the many simple ways you can conserve electricity. For more easy-to-implement tips, visit the Energy Efficiency tab on lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.