Summer is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the outdoors, but it is important for parents to remind kids of the following outdoor electric safety rules:
• Kids should keep an eye out for overhead power lines and electrical equipment, and never climb on or play near either.
• Avoid climbing trees near power lines. Even if a tree doesn’t seem to be touching a power line but is near one, that branch could make contact if more weight is added to a branch.
• Only fly kites and remote-controlled airplanes in large open areas far away from power lines. If your kite happens to get stuck in a tree near power lines, do not climb it to free your kite. Call your electric utility for help. If you are an LCEC customer, please call 239-656-2300. It is also important to never fly a kite when a thunderstorm is looming.
• Never, ever climb a utility pole or tower. Electricity is carried through utility poles and towers and has the potential to kill.
• Steer clear of electric substations which house dangerous, high-voltage equipment. If a pet or toy makes it inside of a substation, call you utility provider immediately.
• Water and electricity do not mix!!
For more safety tips, visit lcec.net. LCEC wishes all kids a happy and safe end of summer!
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.