Having a post-storm plan is equally as importance having an actual storm/emergency plan. Depending on the severity of the storm, there may be substantial damage to deal with. There may also be power outages. Having a post-storm plan in place will make all the difference in dealing with whatever Mother Nature has to offer. Following are some tips to keep in mind when formulating your plan:
• Help keep LCEC’s telephone lines clear for emergency calls. Only call to report downed power lines. However, if your neighbor’s power has been restored and you are without electricity, please call.
• If your home is served by underground service, check your meter box and pipes for damage.
• Visually check your weather-head (on the roof where your service drop connects to the pole) and your meter box to make sure it is not damaged.
• Don’t trim trees or remove debris located near downed power lines. If you must remove debris from your home, don’t pile it under or near electrical lines or equipment.
• Any damage to your home’s electric system must be repaired by a licensed electrician and inspected by a designated agency before power can be restored.
• If operating a portable generator, keep it in an open area. Carbon monoxide emissions can be harmful. Follow all instructions regarding safe operation. Do not connect the generator directly to your main electrical panel. If installed incorrectly, power could flow into outside lines and injure you, your neighbors or utility crews working in the area.
For more tips storm safety tips, visit www.lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.