January 21, 2020 – Before outdoor work or play, it is essential to look up and locate any overhead power lines. It is everyone’s job to be alert to where overhead power lines so that you can protect yourself and others. When it comes to overhead power lines, it is essential to:
• Look up to locate all overhead power lines.
• Stay at least 10 feet away from any overhead power lines.
• Never touch anything that comes into contact with a power line.
• Always carry ladders or tall equipment horizontally. It is smart to use wooden or fiberglass ladders outdoors since metal ladders conduct electricity, but remember, even wood can conduct electricity if it is even somewhat wet.
• Never climb trees near power lines.
• Never fly kites, remote control airplanes, drones or balloons around power lines.
If you see a downed line, stay away! It is best to always assume that a downed power line is live and could be deadly. If you see a downed power line:
• Call 911.
• Never try to move a downed line.
• Never drive over or near a downed power line or anything in contact with them. Downed lines can energize the ground up to 35 feet away! This distance can increase in wet conditions.
For more ways to be safe around overhead power lines and electricity, visit lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.