LCEC – Lee County Electric Cooperative


Click on the Reliability tab below to visit the LCEC Storm Center.

LCEC Electric Toasters Club Honored as SWFL Toastmaster Club of the Year

LCEC Electric Toasters Club Honored as SWFL Toastmaster Club of the Year

July 20th, 2016

LCEC is pleased to announce that its onsite Toastmasters International Club, the LCEC Electric Toasters Club #5701, has been named the “Southwest Florida’s Club of the Year” for 2015/2016. The LCEC Electric Toasters Club will be honored at the 2016 Southwest Florida Toastmasters Celebration this Saturday, July 23, 2016, at the Holiday Inn Fort Myers [...]

Florida is Lightning Capitol of the U.S.

July 13th, 2016

Florida is the lightning capitol of the United States. According to the NOAA, 33 people were killed and 234 injured annually during the period of 2004-2013. Although an average of 10 percent of those who suffer lightning strikes die, the remaining 90 percent often deal from long-term, serious symptoms. The Weather Channel reports that: • [...]

Preparation is key when power outages occur

July 6th, 2016

We are in the midst of storm season which brings with it a lot of unpredictable weather. Although LCEC works around the clock to keep the lights on even in the worst of conditions, it is wise to be prepared in the event of a power outage. Below is a list of things to help [...]

Care for your air conditioner and it will take care of you!

June 29th, 2016

As temperatures continue to increase this summer so does our appreciation for air conditioning. To keep your AC running efficiently this summer without heating up your electric bill, follow these simple tips: Call a professional: Have your AC unit serviced annually by a reputable HVAC professional. Tune-ups usually cost anywhere from $70 to $100. Clean [...]

LCEC Employees “Pay It Forward” for Their Favorite Charities

June 22nd, 2016

LCEC employees proudly volunteer thousands of hours a year in our community. From coaching little league to packing meals at the soup kitchen to mentoring local at-risk students, our employees give of their time and their hearts to help others. In an effort to support their passion for philanthropy, LCEC designed the Pay It Forward [...]

LCEC TO REDUCE ELECTRIC RATES FOR THE FIFTH TIME IN THREE YEARS

June 16th, 2016

Electric Rates Far Below State and National Averages Beginning July 1, LCEC electric rates will fall for the fifth time in the last three years, thanks to a rate reduction approved this morning by the LCEC Board of Trustees. The residential rate for 1,000 kilowatt-hours (kWh) will fall to $102.50, a drop of almost nine [...]

LCEC honored as Fit-Friendly Worksite by American Heart Association

June 15th, 2016

LCEC is proud to celebrate its fourth year as an American Heart Association Fit-Friendly Worksite. As a platinum-level Fit-Friendly Worksite, LCEC: –Offers employees physical activity options in the workplace. –Offers healthy eating options at the worksite. –Promotes a wellness culture in the workplace. –Demonstrates measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness. The American Heart Association Fit-Friendly [...]

LCEC launches informational website

June 8th, 2016

LCEC is proud to unveil an informational website to provide information, answer questions, and solicit feedback from customers. The goal of www.LCEC4CapeCoral.com is to provide customers with an easy-to-access source of information for all things LCEC and Cape Coral-related. This site will be updated regularly as LCEC continues to work with the City of Cape [...]

LCEC Prepares for Hurricane Season

June 1st, 2016

LCEC’s preparation begins long before a hurricane threatens to make landfall in Southwest Florida. In fact, we prepare year-round to ensure that the resources needed for restoration are in place. To do this, LCEC cultivates relationships with power line and tree-trimming contractors, fuel companies, material vendors, food service vendors, other cooperatives and local agencies for [...]

LCEC Public Relations Team Wins Big at FPRA Image Awards

May 19th, 2016

The LCEC Public Relations Team was honored with three awards at the 2016 Southwest Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Image Awards on April 19, 2016. The team won an: –Award of Distinction for LCEC’s 75th Anniversary Commemorative Book –Image Award and the Grand Image Award for three commercial spots which featured LCEC’s [...]