Chewing on a shoe is one thing, but gnawing on an electrical cord is a whole other scary and dangerous thing! Pet-proofing your home is essential to protecting your furry family members. Below are some simple ways to protect your four-legged loved ones:
• Be sure that all plugs are completely in their wall sockets. You do not want a wet nose, paw and tongue coming into contact with exposed prongs.
• Watch your cords for fraying or damage from nibbling. If unplugging cords is not an option and your furry friend is seeking out electrical cords, consider coating them in pet deterrent which is available at pet stores or wrap the cords in a cable or PVC.
• Never leave any electrical items plugged in near water!
• Do not allow your pet near lamps. If your pet loves lamps too much to keep them away, consider a low-heat lamp so there is less chance of fire if it is knocked over.
• Keep your furry friends away from cords behind your computer or television. It may be warm and cozy for them, but the risk is too great with all of those cords and electrical connections.
Pet-proofing a home is just as important to baby-proofing since our “kids” rely on us to keep them safe! For more tips on electrical safety and more, visit lcec.net.
Seleccionando el boton “Continuar” ud. estará saliendo de la página de internet de LCEC e ingresará a una página de internet acogida por una compañia tercera. Por favor note que ud. no estará sujeto a o bajo la protección y reglas de privacidad de la página de internet de LCEC. LCEC no es responsable por el contenido y veracidad de la información en la página de internet. Antes de proceder y proveer cualquier información personal o confidencial, le sugerimos que revise las reglas de privacidad en el sitio de internet al que ud. está ingresando.